My wife says that this set of still life images has given me a vegetable fixation. Between the research on cabbages in art and the following I suspect you’ll see her point: Continue reading “Project 3 Ex 2: Still life in colour and tone”
• convey feelings
• believable shapes
• use of tone, using light and shadow
• a few objects that trigger a response for you
• ordinary, funny, practical or ornamental or a mixture
• Set them up in a space so that they create interesting shapes and angles
• good light hitting the objects at an angle
• make the tones on the object obvious and the light and darks clear
• Look at the spaces between the objects as well as the objects themselves.
• Take the two experimental mark making sheets that you did exploring texture and gesture and pin them up nearby Continue reading “Assignment 1”
It make take me a while to learn to use the tools well, but I’m optimistic that I’ll be able to use it effectively. My hope is that I can use it as a sketchbook when its impractical to carry a good range of paper and tools.
Trying different ways to represent shading and subtle details with line. This includes ball pen, pencil and fine liner. Continue reading “Project 2 Ex 3: Line work”
Started slightly backwards with ‘Frottage’ on an A4 sketchpad with slight tooth and 150 g/sqm paper. The featured image is the first sheet.