Posted in Foundation Drawing, Foundation Drawing - Part 5

Project 5.1: Balance of Tees experiment

I decided to try the tees idea out. Chose A4 grey paper. Decided to try two layers and using a stencil. First I thought I’d try using multi-colour tees:

Mostly it made a mess. The paint was to thick, so it ‘bled’ under the stencil. I shifted the tees to black and white and was somewhat more successful.

The lower images didn’t work as well, and no real detail came out. Do I need the paper damp? Aesthetically I’m not keen on the result. I did do a sketch of a ‘full size’ image:

I like the idea, but don’t think I’ll be getting there anytime soon. It would probably also work better as a linocut or similar. This is heading away from the brief, so I’ll park it for now.

One thought on “Project 5.1: Balance of Tees experiment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s