We recently visited Iceland, partly to see the Northern Lights, and as part of the trip we got a 48h City Card for Reykjavik. The card is an excellent investment due to the number of museums and art galleries it gets you into. One of these is the National Gallery. Continue reading “Icelandic National Gallery Visit”
Reflection and Evaluation
What went well?
I like the image overall, as stated previously. The items have meaning for me, and I am hopeful that at least some element of that shows through. The drawing was well received by my wife, who will have similar associations with the individual objects chosen. She called it “An homage to Greece” which fits my intention fairly well. Continue reading “Assignment 1: Evaluation and Reflection”
• convey feelings
• believable shapes
• use of tone, using light and shadow
• a few objects that trigger a response for you
• ordinary, funny, practical or ornamental or a mixture
• Set them up in a space so that they create interesting shapes and angles
• good light hitting the objects at an angle
• make the tones on the object obvious and the light and darks clear
• Look at the spaces between the objects as well as the objects themselves.
• Take the two experimental mark making sheets that you did exploring texture and gesture and pin them up nearby Continue reading “Assignment 1”
It make take me a while to learn to use the tools well, but I’m optimistic that I’ll be able to use it effectively. My hope is that I can use it as a sketchbook when its impractical to carry a good range of paper and tools.
Worked through this video:
First a series of 2 minute poses.. Continue reading “Croquis Cafe Heads Up 2”