Fit to brief
The image includes both natural and man made objects, with plenty of scope for demonstrating depth. Oddly for the Langdales there wasn’t that much water vapour in the air the day I took the visual notes, and so there wasn’t much aerial perspective present. I considered adding it anyway, but I quite like the darker mountains in the far distance. Continue reading “Part 3 Reflection”
The brief for this assignment calls for the following main criteria for the drawing:
- Outdoor scene in A1 or A2;
- Shows depth – aerial or linear perspective;
- Natural objects;
- Straight lined objects.
The scene selection and approach are closely aligned. The instructions provide the following approach:
- Preliminary drawings to experiment with the composition.
- Make sketches to practise the perspective of the scene right.
- Broad sketches in charcoal or diluted ink and brush and trial other media.
- With an A2 or A1 keeping your preliminary sketches around you for reference.
Continue reading “Assignment 3”