• convey feelings
• believable shapes
• use of tone, using light and shadow
• a few objects that trigger a response for you
• ordinary, funny, practical or ornamental or a mixture
• Set them up in a space so that they create interesting shapes and angles
• good light hitting the objects at an angle
• make the tones on the object obvious and the light and darks clear
• Look at the spaces between the objects as well as the objects themselves.
• Take the two experimental mark making sheets that you did exploring texture and gesture and pin them up nearby Continue reading “Assignment 1”
I wanted at least one more figure in the Austrian WOMAD image, and being in Austria I didn’t have my full colour pastels and such with me. I decided, therefore, that this was an ideal opportunity to try out some digital drawing using the Wacom tablet I bought previously. I’ve done some experiments with this, but have never really put in the time to learn to use it properly. As I was planning to combine it with the photomontage I decided to use Krita for the drawing. Continue reading “Project 5.2: Photomontage”
Experimenting with how best to show form. See sculpture drawing series.
This was created just before I received the Assignment 2 feedback from my tutor. I didn’t get round to writing up my thoughts on it because I had a major reset on the work for Project 3.1. The image was simply posted as a comment on pastel pencils. I touched up the image slightly from when I posted it previously, but it is still basically the same. Continue reading “Project 3.2: Apples, Orange and lime”