Started by inking up the plate with the Lino cut ink. Continue reading “Project 5.1: Monoprint”
Despite my earlier post‘s statement that I wouldn’t bother, I decided to try to elicit some feedback on the print from the OCA forum here: https://discuss.oca-student.com/t/foundation-drawing-abstract-monotype-on-the-theme-of-balance/5846 Continue reading “Project 5.1: Testing the leaf print…” →
My eyes went first to the central block of monoprint, then wandered up to the attached watch and white sections above. No thoughts on meaning at this point. Subject might be a city scape, in which case the watch would be a clock.
Started by setting up in a new location, much more suitable than our living room floor.
Next was by making a template and mixing up a couple of colours. Used kitchen towels to give them an interesting texture, with the print made in the second press. I made two copies for reasons that will be clear later… Continue reading “Project 5.1: Found objects print” →
The A4 size is quite limiting, so I’m shiting toi A3 for the moment. To do this I’ve bought some A3 perspex sheets. Although I only really need 1, I thought this allows me to do a few attempts before a full on clean up. I started out using different leaves, but following the concept of the “Balance of Tees” idea.
First I tried to think though composition:
A quick try, whilst I had the stuff out. One drawing with a follow on rubbing. Continue reading “Project 5.1: Transfer” →